Gluten-Free: What’s in it for Me?
So, the doctor told you that you have a sensitivity to gluten. You’ve been told that you should adopt a gluten-free diet but you’re not sure where to start. Rather than try to wing it, why not go to ProteinWise for inspiration?
We know what it takes to make big changes in your life. Through our support and guidance, you’ll be able to adjust to your new lifestyle rather quickly. In fact, our website is full of healthy, gluten-free food and beverage options for you to try.
The benefits of a gluten-free diet are as follows:
- You’ll get more vitamins and nutrients from fruits and vegetables. A gluten-free diet often includes more fresh fruits and vegetables. You’ll benefit from the vitamins and nutrients that come in these foods. Many carb-heavy foods are full of empty calories. You’ll get more bang for the caloric buck when you eliminate gluten from your diet.
- You’ll get rid of the unhealthy oils that comes in carbohydrate-heavy products. Your new diet has you replace these oils with gluten-free options that are healthier for you overall. Carb-heavy foods are often filled with sugar and nothing else. Many use partially hydrogenated vegetable oil because it’s among the most inexpensive options there is. It’s also among the unhealthiest. Partially hydrogenated vegetable oil raises LDL, or bad cholesterol, while lowering the HDL, or good cholesterol.
- You’ll eliminate unhealthy carbs found in baked goods like bread, doughnuts, and pastries. Many of the foods in the standard American diet are full of gluten and sugar. You’ll get rid of the unhealthy carbs in your life and rely on fresh fruits to give you the energy that you need. The benefit of this is that you’ll also get fiber which helps you feel full longer.
- You’ll get more antioxidants in your diet which help your body stay healthy. Ward off illness and disease by making a few dietary changes. When you’re eating gluten-free, you’re reducing the risk you have of getting many diseases. For example, heart disease is one, certain cancers and diabetes are others. The vitamins and minerals that you get from whole foods increases meaning you’re able to steer clear of viruses and germs which make you sick by weakening the immune system.
- You’ll learn to eat in a way that makes better use of the calories you take in. When you make changes to your diet, it’s for your greater good. Your doctor may have recommended making the changes after seeing how gluten negatively affects you. No matter what, you’ll learn a new way of living that allows you to get the most out of every calorie you consume going forward.
Many delicious, gluten-free options await you at ProteinWise. You’ll find an entire section of our online storefront devoted to the specialty diet. Gluten-free doesn’t mean that food is void of flavor. Instead, it’s a healthier option for you to eat considering your sensitivities to gluten.
Protein-packed options provide you with the energy you need to approach a gluten-free diet with gusto. Think about how healthy you’ll feel by avoiding foods with gluten in them. You won’t believe how easy it is to adjust to changes with the help of ProteinWise.