Make your meals work better for you.
If your job keeps you on your toes, you know how difficult it can be to get away for lunch. In fact, if you don’t plan ahead, you’re forced to eat highly-processed, calorie-laden food from the vending machine rather than something healthy and nourishing. By planning your meals and snacks for the week in advance, you’re able to avoid the mid-afternoon crash that so many people feel after loading up on carbs and convenience foods.
What to Look for in Nutritious Lunch Options
A nutritious lunch is packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. It is often low-calorie but full of protein which helps you avoid feeling hungry until dinnertime. The best options are portable, easy-to-prepare, and full of flavor. The suggestions listed below are options that you could easily take to work with you for mealtime.
Here are some protein-rich lunch options for your consideration:
- Pizza with Tomato Sauce. Enjoy one of your favorite foods with less guilt. This option contains 15 grams of protein and only 100 calories per serving. You won’t blow your day’s calories on this lunch item because it is low-calorie.
- Chili. Smoky in flavor and full of fiber as well as protein, this lunchtime favorite fills you up fast. There are 15 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber in each serving of the ProtiDiet brand chili. You can easily heat this option in a food warmer at your desk or in the microwave in the breakroom.
- Vegan Lentil Curry. People wanting a plant-based option for protein love this product. It has 15 grams of protein, 120 calories, and is completely vegan as well as gluten-free.
- Sloppy Joe. Packed with protein and fiber, this option is low-carb because you can eat it on a lettuce leaf instead of a hamburger bun. The mix is easy to prepare the night before and heat up in the microwave at work the next day before placing it on the lettuce and eating it.
- Chicken Alfredo Pasta. Among one of the many protein pasta options you have to choose from, this one is dreamy, creamy, and packed with flavor. The chicken adds even more protein to the mix with one serving containing 15 grams and 130 calories.
This is just a sample of the foods you can eat when shopping the ProteinWise online storefront. Completely satisfying, they provide you with plenty of protein to help you power through the rest of the afternoon. You can pair them with a big salad for extra vitamins and minerals, too. Gone are the days of living off of jerky sticks and hardboiled eggs because you can eat something entirely delicious and nutritious instead.
Better Sources of Portable Protein to Get You Through Your Workday
Enjoy better nourishment throughout the day despite having a busy schedule. Just because your work obligations are plentiful doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be able to eat something healthy and filling for lunch and snack. Thanks to ProteinWise, you’ve got a wide range of options to meet your needs. They’re low-calorie, high protein, and portable, everything you need while living an active lifestyle.