These suggestions fill you up without bogging you down.
If there is one thing that’s for certain, it’s that you’re always pressed for time and looking for solutions that make things easier for yourself. As a busy professional on-the-go, time is money. You don’t have a second to spare most days which is why the snacks that you consume need to be healthy and convenient. If they’re portable, that’s a plus too, because you can grab them and walk out the door without much thought.
Here are five low calorie snacks for you to enjoy wherever you go:
- Protein Beans. HealthSmart’s At Last brand comes in a variety of flavors to satisfy your cravings. There is Garlic & Onion, Ranch, Sea Salt, Sriracha, and Wasabi to choose from. Each four-ounce bag is 100 calories with seven grams of protein. This snack delivers a satisfying crunch like potato chips.
- Zippers. Much like the protein beans, it’s our take on a crispy snack. One bag of this satisfying snack is only 150 calories and has 15 grams of protein. They come in varieties such as Chipotle BBQ, Salt & Vinegar, and Sour Cream & Fine Herb. You don’t need to give up everything you love to snack on while on the go, but instead, find substitutes that are better for you!
- Popcorn. With three cups of deliciousness in every bag, Protes Protein Popcorn is a great option for people wanting to eat 200 calories or less per snack. There are multiple varieties to buy including Light Butter, Sweet Cinnamon, and White Cheddar. Ten grams of protein help you feel full longer, meaning that you may not even eat a full serving of popcorn in one sitting.
- Tortilla Chips. If you love Doritos, you can enjoy Proti Nacho Cheese flavored protein tortilla chips instead. At 140 calories per bag, there isn’t the guilt that comes with scarfing down a bag of the major brand’s cheesy snack. You get 18 to 19 grams of protein and a baked snack not fried one to munch on.
- Pass the Peas. With flavors such as Dill Pickle, Maple Bacon, and Smoky BBQ, it’s hard to believe that this snack is healthy for you! Boasting six grams of protein per serving and up to 90 calories per one ounce bag, you can’t go wrong with this snack. You’ll be saying, “Pass the peas, please!” with newfound enthusiasm.
Snacks can be enjoyable and healthy. With ProteinWise, you can enjoy full-flavored, nutritious foods and beverages without the guilt. You’re not stuck waiting it out until the next meal, either. You can eat a snack whenever you want and know that you’re getting a good amount of protein per serving when you do.
Low calorie doesn’t mean deprivation. What it does mean, however, is that you conscientiously choose to eat one type of snack over another. Keeping a supply of delicious items on hand to take with you to school or work prevents you from breaking down and buying food from the vending machine or convenience store to munch on. Enjoy!