How to set yourself up for positive changes that can last you a lifetime.
Each individual’s weight loss journey is personal. That’s what makes it meaningful once the pounds disappear. If you’ve struggled to lose weight in the past or find yourself wanting to do so before the holidays, it’s time to start planning the future one bite at a time.
Resolving to have an excellent relationship with food takes dedication. It sometimes involves trial and error. You may find some foods fill you up quickly, such as a protein-packed ONE Protein Bar. Others might not be as satiating, so you opt to replace them with brands such as Quest, HealthSmart, and ProteinWise.
What You Can Do Today to Live a Healthier, Happier Lifestyle
To help guide you through the process, we’ve created a list of suggestions that can help you in your pursuit of a healthier body. Some ideas are straightforward but provide you with outstanding results. Others are more difficult to implement and worth trying with family and friends to have a stable support system.
Ten tips to kickstart your weight loss journey successfully include:
- Make water your go-to beverage. It’s refreshing, void of sweeteners, and calorie-free. It prevents dehydration and helps you feel full even when you’ve not eaten.
- Choose quality over quantity. Not all foods are equal in nutritional value. Select the highest quality options that you can buy instead of sale items that may be on sale for a good reason.
- Crowd out foods opposed to quitting ‘cold-turkey.’ Start replacing one snack for a protein-packed option. Substitute one cup of coffee for a macronutrient-rich shake or smoothie.
- Cook once and eat twice. Meal prepping will save you time and money. It allows you to have something delicious to eat even when you don’t feel like preparing a meal.
- Read labels on everything you consume. Pay close attention to the number of calories, grams of fat, net carbohydrate count, and amount of protein per serving. Then, decide as to whether or not it’s something you can eat.
- Come up with a plan for the times you eat outside the home. Pack individual serving size meals and snacks with you for those ‘just-in-case’ moments. You won’t be fending for yourself by eating vending machine foods and drinks.
- Let herbs and spices elevate the flavors of your meals. Enhance the flavors of the foods you eat. Stock your fridge and spice rack with options that you can experiment with regularly.
- Give yourself realistic goals. Although it may make sense to reach for the stars when it comes to your fitness goals, don’t. They should be realistic and attainable from the start, so you don’t get discouraged and quit before losing the weight you want to lose.
- Reward yourself with non-food-related incentives for reaching milestones. Treat yourself to a day at the spa or a new book. Get your hair done, schedule a massage or facial.
- Never leave the house without a protein-packed snack in your purse or backpack. Keep a bag of Zippers or Pretzels with you to stave off hunger. A bag of Protein Chips in your favorite flavor provides you with the savory, crunchy flavors you crave.
There is no perfect way to lose weight. Each person’s body has different needs due to Bio-Individuality. Finding the foods and routines that work best for you may be a challenge at first. The more time you devote to learning what those things are, the better able you are to lose weight and keep it off long-term.
Start Adding Protein-Packed Options to Your Daily Routine
By adopting a low-carb, protein-rich diet, you’re able to achieve greater success in less time. Applying the tips listed above can help you build a foundation of knowledge of how dieting works for your unique nutritional needs. Making small but steady changes brings positive results quickly.