What Fiber Has to Do with Weight Loss
If you need some help losing weight, you’ve come to the right place. ProteinWise helps you get your life on track so that you’re able to achieve your goals quickly and effortlessly. By changing the way you eat, you’re able to boost your metabolism, shed unwanted pounds, and give your body the fuel that it needs to power through workouts. The end result is a happier, healthier version of you.
What Fiber Does to Benefit the Body
There are a number of benefits that come with adding fiber-rich foods to your diet. Aside from making you feel fuller longer, it helps absorb vital nutrients and keeps your body regular. That means you’re able to digest food better so that you’re able to benefit from the energy it provides.
Some of other health benefits of fiber include:
- Helping the body control its blood sugars. The breakdown of carbohydrates is slower which means that the absorption of the sugar is too. This keeps you from going from a highly energized state to a low crash.
- It reduces the risk of heart attack. Studies show that there is a 40% lower risk of heart disease for people who consume high fiber diets.
- It reduces the risk of stroke. Studies also show that consuming seven grams of fiber daily helps reduce instances of stroke by 7%.
- Improves skin tone. It helps in removing yeast and fungus from the body which can often result in improving skin conditions such as acne or rashes.
- Prevents hemorrhoids. Fiber bulks up stools helping in elimination thereby making it a great prevention for hemorrhoids.
- Provides relief from IBS. Fiber helps with symptoms caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome including the aforementioned hemorrhoids.
Add Fiber to Your Diet Through the Foods You Eat
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to add fiber to your diet. You can get it by consuming a diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables as well as snacks and meals that are high in fiber from Proteinwise. You don’t have to sacrifice flavor in favor of fiber. We have plenty of delicious choices that make adding fiber to your diet simple. With better options available, you won’t be tempted to eat fatty, empty calorie snacks and meals.